Calgary Central, the largest of the 14 Seventh-Day Adventist churches in Calgary, is embracing an environment-friendly, economical, and health-wise safer way of reaching out to members and the community with CalgaryCentralSDA app, a church app created by mobile app developer Marshall Technologii.
Mobile app helps church members to stay in touch
Originally released in January 2017, the mobile app enables church members and the larger community to stay up to date with the latest events, recent sermons, and all the happenings at Calgary Central. The app also came in handy as Canada began to grapple with COVID-19 and implement physical distancing restrictions.
“Our members are connected to all of our church events and activities. Our church’s mobile app has provided a great avenue to advertise our events to the community. We are able to cut down on printing as information is readily available on the app. The mobile app notifications are very helpful in sending out reminders about all the activities and special events we hold at the church,” said Pastor Girleanu.
Download Calgary Central Church Mobile App
What does the church mobile app do and what are the benefits for users?
The church app allows users to:
- Have contact information, directions, and church information at their fingertips.
- View bulletin information quickly and easily, without the need for printed versions.
- Watch live sermons from wherever they are.
- Stream archived sermons and listen anywhere, any time.
- Keep up to date with church events, get notifications of upcoming programs, and register for activities directly on the mobile app.
- Submit their tithes and offerings through the Online Giving feature on the app.
- Interact with the church on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram through the app.
- Contact or submit feedback directly to the church office.